Tuesday, February 16, 2010

All You Need Is Love

As John Lennon and the Beatles once said, “all you need is love”. I don’t think there could ever be a truer statement. Whether it is love of a significant other, love for your friends, family or even the unconditional love from a pet. Love is what makes the world a brighter, more beautiful place.

That song has a special place in my heart because at our wedding ceremony, just over 7 months ago, Mike hand fed nearly our whole reception our wedding cake. I think that was his way of showing his love on our special day :)

Mike and I spent our first Valentine’s Day together as husband and wife this past weekend and had a wonderful day. We found a new path in our neighborhood that lead us directly into the La Jolla farmer’s market. It was awesome. We ate a romantic dinner of chicken parmesan, made by Chef Mike, drank champagne and just enjoyed each other.

The following day, February 15, I received some bad news. My Grandma Zanzal had passed away. While I know it is for the best and was relieved that she didn’t have to suffer anymore, I still couldn’t help from being overwhelmed with grief. Until her dying day, my grandmother spoke openly and often about wanting to be with my grandfather, her love for over 50 years, in heaven. If that isn’t true love, I don’t know what is.

I leave for Connecticut on Thursday to be surrounded by the love and warmth of my family as we say good-bye to the beloved matriarch of our family. I’m positive that my Grandmother will be looking down on us and hopefully realizing how loved she is and how much she’ll truly be missed.


I decided to be crafty this weekend and painted this sign, which now hangs on our balcony!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kara, your family is in my thoughts. We are going through something similar with Andrew losing his Grandfather this past weekend. It is so sad but yet almost a relief to know the pain and suffering is over. Have a safe trip back east and enjoy each moment with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Allison! I really appreciate it :)

    I'm so sorry for the loss of Andrew's grandfather as well! You're in my thoughts.

    Oh and keep those cute pics of your little one coming..I loved your little slide show!

    ReplyDelete