Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

I'm going to attempt to keep this somewhat short, because I'm sure I can ramble on and on about my fun birthday weekend! It was great! Mike and I took our first trip to San Francisco and we both absolutely loved it. Why I loved San Fran/my birthday weekend:

1.) We stayed at an amazing hotel in the middle of everything! They sent me wine and cake to wish me a happy birthday....that's a good hotel in my book ;)

2.) I loved those freakin' sea lions at Pier 39. We have seals in La Jolla, so its not like I've never seen these funny creatures (although I still don't know the difference between a seal and a seal lion) but they were just so cute- and SO big!

3.) Alcatraz was really cool and totally satisfied my inner history nerd- the audio tour was really interesting and the boat ride to and from was breathtaking...check out my awesome pic of the Golden Gate bridge below.

4.) We got to see so much of the city and did a lot of walking just taking it all in (oh and being lost on one occasion). It was so neat to just to explore a new city and see how people live. When we were walking through this cute neighborhood park, we stumbled across a giant neighborhood picnic. It was the most innocent, All-American looking scene I've ever laid eyes on!

5.) Mike made my birthday super special! Between the subscription to my fav mag, filling every space of our wine rack with wine (a personal goal of mine), the roses he gave me when I met him in San Fran and the whole San Fran trip-- He really outdid himself! What a special birthday- I'm a very lucky girl!!

Fisherman's Wharf

Pretty Shot

Trolley Car

By the way, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I felt very loved on my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome trip!!! would love to join you next time....great job Mike!!!!!

    ReplyDelete