Monday, March 22, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good

I’ve been just a bit behind on my blogging lately! Oops….

On the weekend on March 12 and 13 I had the great privilege to spend some real quality time with three of my best friends- Kathleen, Charlotte and Nikki. The four of us lived together our sophomore year in college and dubbed ourselves Chi Kappa Nu- our sorority girl mentality coming out with Chi= Charlotte, Kappa= Kara/Kathleen and Nu= Nikki. I know, we were awfully clever.

What a great reunion it was! I don’t think there was a moment that we were not laughing, teasing each other or reminiscing about our glory days at good old Radford. I love that although the four of us haven’t gotten to spend time together just the four of us in years, it was like not a moment had passed as soon as we were together.

We had tons of fun in Hollywood, but had the most fun impersonating Jimmy Fallon’s skit of “Robert Patterson is Bothered” (
http://www.robertisbothered.com/) …in a tree…in the middle of a posh lounge.

Other highlights from the weekend:

- Going to the top Mulholland Drive to look down on the LA skyline and of course the Hollywood sign.

- Watching Kat trying on wedding dresses. I think Martin might just fall over when he sees how beautiful she will look coming down the aisle. Definitely brought a few tears to my eyes (shocking, I know!) to see Kat preparing for such an important and special day.

So glad we could reunite, Chi Kappa Nu. Can’t wait for next time!

Oh and you may be wondering where my hubby was for all of this?? Don’t worry- he was doing it up big in Vegas! :)


Three of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!

It took about 15 shots to get this one...and Char is nearly cut out! You can see the very teeny, tiny Hollywood sign in the distance.

This is our sullen vampire look.


No comments:

Post a Comment