Thursday, April 8, 2010

San Diego Rocks!

Literally. As you've probably heard, there was a rather large (I think 7.2?) earthquake near San Diego this past Sunday on Easter. Mike and I didn't feel a thing, since we were up North for Easter lunch with Aunt Karen, but we heard from people still here in SD that it was quite strong. On Monday night we were sitting in the living room when we felt what must have been an aftershock. It wasn't anything big or too terribly scary but how weird to all of a sudden feel the earth shake under you.

That brings us to today. I'm at work and about an hour ago, I start to feel some shaking! Again, nothing too big or scary but needless to say, my client site building doesn't seem to be the most stable of buildings so I was a little freaked out. I think I heard someone say that it was a 5.5 earthquake that hit somewhere in Mexico.

I've decided after the last few days that I should brush up on my earthquake safety tips- especially considering the extent of my knowledge comes from that Saved by the Bell episode where there was an earthquake and Zack is stuck in the elevator with Mr. Belding's wife and ends up delivering the baby in the elevator. Was there anything that Zack Morris couldn't do?

Anyways, I guess this just shows that San Diego rocks in many ways and for many reasons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment