Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday=Farmer's Market Day!

Now I'm no expert on farmer's markets- its not like I've been to a lot of them- but I'm pretty sure our local market in La Jolla is one of the best out there. Every Sunday dozens and dozens of vendors gather on the black top at La Jolla Elementary with all the freshest fruits, veggies, flowers, honey, breads- you name it, they've got it. It is such an amazing atmosphere and has become a part of mine and Mike's weekly routine. I genuinely look forward to Sundays just to go to the farmer's market. The sun is shining, people are in great moods and its nice to get very fresh food that is grown locally!

Not only do they have great produce, there are also lots of vendors selling other stuff like pottery, jewelry, clothes, etc. They've got lots of yummy booths for lunch too. My favorite is the Greek one selling gyros...they are the best I've EVER had--to die for!!!

Another plus- contrary to what I've always thought, it really isn't that much more expensive than shopping a normal grocery store. In fact, sometimes it is cheaper. There are definitely some things that are over priced, but we've gotten to know which vendors have the best deals. I love my strawberry man!

The best part of the farmer's market is that it is close and easy. It is probably a little less than 2 miles away so Mike and I have gotten in the habit of riding our bikes there. It such a nice Sunday morning routine to wake up together, drink some coffee then ride up to the market.

Here are some pictures of our beloved market :)


So bright and cheery!

So many tents set up!

Mike's fav- his honey lady!



Mike checking out some asparagus.

Beautiful, fresh flowers!

1 comment:

  1. looks super fun!! i am jealous! get me some of those fresh flowers next time!

    ReplyDelete