Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday Girls!

The blogging has been a bit slow lately due to the lack of camera. Blog posts just aren't really that interesting if there isn't any imagery to go with them! We will get a new camera soon; we desperately need to!

In the meantime, I thought I'd mention three special ladies in my life that have recently celebrated their birthdays!

On September 7th one of my best friends and rapping bridesmaid, Jaime Tomkins, celebrated her 27th birthday! Mike and I were sad to not be there with Jaime, as we've always considered her the best third wheel a relationship could ever have :) We've spent a lot of time together the three of us, and Mike and I are very grateful for her wonderful friendship!
(Note: for some reason it won't let me upload a picture! UGH!)

Second, my wonderful mother celebrated the big 6-0 on September 8th! She is really living it up for this big birthday, as she should! She is having a girls weekend down at the beach house with her sisters/cousin AND traveling to Chicago with her best friends the Beach Babes (aka 60-year-old version of PIAB). My Mom really is the most generous person I know, as I'm sure many of you reading this have benefited from shopping at "Stephanie's Place". I appreciate my Mom so much more than I probably show it. Happy Birthday Mom!



Also celebrating a big birthday is my Grandma Zanzal, turning 85 years young on September 12th. She is a true matriarch of our family and one of the smartest ladies I know. I've really admired my Grandmother's strength and perseverance in the last couple years, but most of all I look up to my Grandmother for the wonderful example of love and loyalty that she has set for our family. She and my Grandfather were married for over 50 years, through good times and bad, sickness and in health. I always enjoy talking with my Grandma and of course getting advice on good books to read. She's so hip, she even follows this blog!

Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!

3 comments: