Saturday, September 19, 2009

Great Friends, Great Sausage

Last weekend, Mike and I packed up the 4 Runner and drove the hour and 15 minutes or so to Newport Beach to see our friends Kathleen and Martin. Boy am I glad we bought the 4 Runner! We were able to fit a surfboard, two beach bikes, a beach chair and our over night bag all in the back! It was so nice to have our bikes there, since the last time I was there I was riding an extra bike that was way too big for me, which proved to be somewhat dangerous, particularly after alcohol consumption.

We had a great beach day just relaxing and hanging out. What Martin claimed to be "great learners waves" ended up being a bit more difficult (and bigger!) then he originally thought.

After showering up we rode our bikes to a YUMMY Italian dinner at a place called Sabatino's. I loved it! Sabatino's makes it own sausage, both mild and spicy, and it was amazing...probably the best sausage I've ever had. The whole time I kept thinking that my Dad would love this sausage! It was a really nice dinner with lots of laughs, some red wine, great friends and great sausage!!

Bike Riding

Kat and Kara at Dinner

This weekend will be pretty laid back...maybe some beach time, maybe a little riding around Pacific Beach and of course preparing for the Giants game on Sunday. Go Giants! :)

3 comments:

  1. I take it you like the sausage? lol. you are too funny. Glad you got a new camera! Take some more pictures of the scenery around Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually wasn't taken on my camera! I actually forced Kathleen to send them to me so I could post pics! New camera is coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw yay!!! Those pics are so cute :) Although I do wish Martin was in one of them because, like you said, it looks as if he wasn't there...haha. Oh well there will be plenty of time for that in the future :) So happy you two are so close to us. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete