Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And I'm Back...

...From a wonderful vacation to Bermuda! We had so much fun with the whole Valluzzo clan (minus a couple of the little ones)!! It was so fun hanging with all of my brothers and sisters and needless to say there were many laughs shared this special week.

Bermuda is my parent’s favorite place in the world. They went there on their honeymoon and have been coming back steadily for 40 years. My dad, in particular, is a Bermuda nutcase. He truly believes for that one week a year he is a Bermuda native, loving “his” island for all its glory. He loves the beaches, the clear water, the drinks, the family time but most of all he loves to ride his scooter (i.e. mopad). I’m quite certain that “Born to be Wild” is playing on repeat in his head as flies like the wind around the curvy, narrow roads of the island for hours at a time, each year clocking his mileage and keeping a record to try to beat every visit. This year, early Sunday morning a bunch of us took off to navigate the WHOLE island, a feat that takes about 3 hours to complete. My butt was numb and I was a little sunburned by the end, but I loved to see my Dad so happy! His love for Bermuda is contagious and has obviously been passed on to me.

There were too many funny stories and happy times to share in a blog post so I'll keep it short. Mike and I couldn’t thank my parents enough for sharing with us this beautiful island experience. It was an amazing time with family!







While being at home before and after the Bermuda trip, it was also such a pleasure to hang with the McDermott family, especially for the 4th of July. In true McDermott fashion, they were able to throw together an amazing spread of food and drinks the morning of deciding to host a BBQ as if it was nothing. If that was me, I’d be so stressed out hosting people with such short notice or planning!

It was also nice to enjoy the top layer of our wedding cake about two weeks early at their house, remembering our amazing wedding day that took place almost a year ago. I can’t believe on Sunday Mike will be my husband of ONE YEAR…but that is a post for another time …

No comments:

Post a Comment