Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Wow. I really can't believe it has been a full year since our amazing wedding day. I feel like I blinked my eyes and the first year our marriage had gone whizzing by. What a year it has been- full of love, laughter, exploring, traveling, fun times, perhaps a few minor arguments and adjustments.... yes, lots of adjustments! We've grown a lot together this past year and I'm grateful for Mike being my support system all along the way.

I've definitely learned a lot in this past year on how to be a good wife and partner. I've learned to be more patient. I've learned that little gestures go a long way. I've learned that it is ok to argue as long as you can to some compromise and end with a kiss. I've learned what it is like to be a family of two.

I couldn't ask for a better husband than Mike. He never fails to make me laugh or smile, he has a way of calming me down like no one else can, he takes time every day to make me feel beautiful and he's my bestest friend in the world.

Happy anniversary to us!

I'm finishing up a slideshow of our first year as the McDermotts...finishing it up tomorrow, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment