Sunday, July 25, 2010

Off to the Races!

Happy Sunday to all! Mike and I had a great weekend, trying something new we have not yet done since we moved here to San Diego- going up to the Del Mar Races. We went with our neighbor and his girlfriend and a couple of their friends that were in town. It was a fun time!

As most know, I'm not much of a gambler (or one at all) so I haven't spent too much time at horse racing tracks. But from what I can tell, this was one of the nicer ones! It has a beautiful showing area, where they showed each of the horses before the race so you could see which on to bet on. I had a pretty good feel on this and actually picked the winning horse one round, named Laura Beasely, just from looking at it! Unfortunately we had not placed any bets that round, but if we had, we would have won.

Later, Mike followed Albert's lead and placed some bets and I must say, the races were pretty exciting when you had money on the winner. I can ALMOST see how some people could get addicted to that kind of thing. It was a fun experience and I'm so glad we went but I'm not sure if I'm going to be spending a lot of time there. We didn't end up winning any money and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the horses. Everyone was cheering and yelling as they ran their hearts out.

I forgot to bring my camera and I'm bummed because I could have gotten some cute pictures! Plus, Mario Lopez was there (yes, AC Slater) and I was like 10 feet from him and his girlfriend! I wish I had gotten a picture. I love celebrity sightings!

After a long day at the races we spent the night in. I slept in pretty late this morning and I woke to a clean kitchen and living room (which was TRASHED the night before) and flowers on the table. I have such a sweet husband....


No comments:

Post a Comment