Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Recap: How many big life changes can we fit in a one month period?


Wow. It has been a VERY busy month! We've managed to squeeze in several huge life events into a short period of time...

1.) Got Married
You know the movie Groundhog Day where Bill Murray wakes up to the same day, every single day? Well I would like that to happen to me, with that day being July 11th, 2009. Our wedding day was hands down the best day of our life! We were so overwhelmed with joy and excitement and so thankful to have our wonderful family and friends there to celebrate!

2.) Moved Across the Country
It was a lot to get organized but we've done it! We are here settling in to San Diego and exploring our new home. I will say it was a lot to take on all at once and there were some stressful times but Mike was great about calming me down and telling me to just chill out! Sometimes I need that.


We were lucky to have our wonderful moving helper, Patty Winslow. This is the THIRD move that Patty has helped us with! What an amazing friend! 


Something I've learned about Mike in the last month is that he is an amazing packer. I know that sounds weird but he really has a talent for it. I'm convinced that when he is packing, it is like a real life game of Tetris for him. Kind of like that Seinfeld episode where George Costanza finds himself in a real life Frogger game trying to get across a busy street. Seriously, he always got things to fit perfectly in a box or on the truck...and always had to repack boxes I'd done!


No comments:

Post a Comment