Friday, August 21, 2009

Wicked!

Last night, Mike and I went downtown to see the play Wicked! As many know, I’m an avid musical lover, having grown up going to see many plays when they came to D.C. Wicked did not disappoint! It is a prequel to the Wizard of Oz so it basically went through how the two witches became wicked and good, respectively. I will say I didn’t find myself wanting to dance in the aisle like I did when I saw Mama Mia or cry my eyes out like when I saw Les Miserables, but there were some great songs and the whole production was just really well done.

Someone who didn’t appreciate it as much: Mike. That’s an understatement. He actually hated it. I believe his exact words after the play were “what a heinous form of entertainment”. So needless to say, I don’t think he will be going back to any more musicals with me. I will say though…it was awfully sweet of him to come with me!

2 comments:

  1. i am so jealous!!! i have wanted to see Wicked for so long now! i wish i was there.. i would replace mike in a heartbeat! just like our "chicago" days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are the only one who comments, Jaime! I was hoping if you got it started, others would follow along! Mike actually said at one point during the play- "hey she sounds like Jaime"...referring to your oh so soulful rendition of the Dream Girls song.

    ReplyDelete