Monday, October 19, 2009

A perfect desert getaway!

One of the things Mike and I were most excited about when we moved to California was the opportunity to see so many areas we'd never seen before- in a part of the country we really hadn't spent ANY time in. Well we got our chance to experience a perfect little desert getaway when Kathleen and Martin invited us to join them in Palm Springs this past weekend. A Wiggins' family friend has a house there and was so kind to let us use it for the weekend.

It was an amazing time! The mountains really were breathtaking and I loved the (VERY!!) warm desert weather- about 100 degrees each day. We ate, drank (lots of wine), laughed, hiked, star gazed and just had a really relaxing time.

The set up. I know, ridiculous! Pool, hot tub, palm trees and a mountain backdrop that looks so beautiful, it almost looks fake!

The newlyweds.

The lovely Martin and Kat. They're so darn cute!

So, like I've been saying, I loved those mountains and wanted to experience a little hiking while we were there. After nagging the boys, Kat and I convinced them to come with us. It was gorgeous. I really enjoyed seeing the town of Palm Springs from above. I also realized that if I was ever stuck in the desert (like Survivor Man or Bear Grills) I would never survive. No chance.

One word of advice: don't go hiking in 100 degree weather in the desert after drinking multiple bottles of wine the night before. Just not really the best idea. Needless to say, the hike really wasn't that long!


Thank you again, Martin and Kathleen! It was a great weekend and we can't wait to go again sometime....maybe next time we'll get that smoothie ;)

2 comments: