Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

With the weather holding steady at between 65-75 degrees and sunny every single day and the palm trees not changing the autumn colors that I'm used to seeing, I was worried that it may not feel like Fall/Halloween. I was wrong. People in California love some Halloween! All the store windows have decorations, some people go all out on their houses and I've heard advertisements for about 50 "haunted trails". On Friday, Mike and I decided to go to a local pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkin :0) The patch was small but had a lot of choices, hot apple cider and the carving knives needed to make a masterpiece.

See the results below...it's clear who we are rooting for this Sunday...

My side of the pumpkin- Go Giants!

Mike's side of the pumpkin- Go Yankees!

We had a fun time and after we made some pumpkin seeds to eat! Takes me back to my childhood days...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment